Lady Tigersharks’ Successful Season

Lady Tigersharks' Successful Season

Riley Jump , Reporter

The LHS Lady Tiger sharks swim team had a very successful season this year. Through all their hard work before and during the season, they were able to come out of the season with great stats and many wins.

“This season has been one of the team’s most successful seasons so far! We were able to go undefeated in regular season, win the Sagamore Conference title, and place 3rd in sectionals. We were also able to break some records and get many PR’s. I am definitely going to miss this team a lot, but I am so thankful that my senior year was so successful with this team,” said senior swimmer Summer Stogsdill.

Although the Lady Tiger sharks were successful, due to Covid-19 many swimmers had some important aspects of the season taken away from them.

“The hardest part for me was not being able to have my friends and family come and watch us at all of our meets. We also weren’t able to do any team bonding like usual, so I didn’t get very close with the new swimmers,” said junior swimmer Sydney Daisley.

During the season however, there were still many positive aspects. Many girls’ swimmers said they were able to meet lots of personal and team goals this season.

“Personally, the highlight of my 2021 season was breaking the 200-medley relay and 400 free relay records. As a team, we won conference which was so exciting,” said Sophomore swimmer Cora Dial.