Tom Brady’s Journey to 7 Super Bowls

Garrett Harker, Sports Editor

Tom Brady has a very unique career; nobody would’ve guessed where he would be today and he continues to blow peoples minds today. Brady started out in high school as a very good baseball player and most thought that he was going to be playing professional baseball rather than football. After his senior year the Montreal Expos drafted him in the MLB draft and he declined to play at Michigan. He started playing football as a freshman in high school which is very rare for him to become a division one football player and that was just the beginning of his impressive career.

Brady then shows up to Michigan where he is at the bottom of the depth chart at quarterback but he knew that wasn’t going to last very long. He then worked his way up to starting quarterback his junior year and excelled at a very high level and his senior year split time half the year then took over full time in the second half of the season. Brady then entered the draft and was selected as an “unathletic” quarterback in the sixth round 199thpick overall.

After the draft Brady continued to blossom to who the whole world knows today by beating out a very good quarterback in Drew Bledsoe. He continued to succeed with the New England Patriots for 18 seasons with 17 division titles, 13 AFC Championship Games, nine Super Bowl appearances, and a total of six Super Bowl titles.

Tom Brady was doubted to be a system quarterback and he couldn’t succeed anywhere else but New England and that would be put to the test this season. He was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this past preseason and every thought that he wouldn’t be able to have the type of season he used to have in New England. Brady proceeded to have a great season and took his team to the playoffs.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers ended the regular season with a 11-5 record and a red-hot end to the season to set them up for a postseason run. Brady guided the Bucs to the first Super Bowl appearance since 2003 and led them the entire way. Tom Brady’s leadership showed more than anything in the playoffs to silent all of the doubters of himself being a system quarterback.

Tom Brady has a very unlikely story but throughout his entire career he never gave up and stayed confident and persistent and that’s why he was able to play for this long.