What Should I Watch?

Reese McCoy, Reporter

Have you ever been at home scrolling through Netflix or Hulu or some other streaming service, and thought “there’s nothing good on here” or “what should I watch?”. Well after going around the school, these are some of the LHS students’ and teachers’ favorite movies. The one I’m sure you all want to hear about is Mr. Hudspeth’s his favorite movie is One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest with Jack Nicholson, he says “It’s very well written and very well acted.” You can watch this on HBO Max.

Another recommendation comes from Jack Reynolds he says “My favorite movie is Step Brothers, because it’s super funny.” and if you haven’t seen it “watch it because it will give you a good laugh.” It also has some of the biggest names in comedy, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. This one is available on Hulu.

Now if you’re looking for a cult classic Drew Terrill has the one for you. His favorite movie is Pulp Fiction the Quentin Tarantino film with Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, and Bruce Willis. Drew says “I like all the scenes and, it’s confusing at first but at the end everything makes sense. Pulp Fiction is on HBO Max as well.

An action and adventure movie comes from Mr./Coach Smock. He says Gladiator is his favorite movie because of “the historical perspective to it, the technology use in it makes it look pretty real, and Russell Crowe (the main character Maximus) does a really good job in his role and sells it”. “If you like movies that have a historical reference to them but you also like action movies then this is the one for you.” You can watch Gladiator on Amazon Prime Video.

For fans of old movies, and I mean pretty old movies, Mr. Joris is with you there and has a classic for his favorite. If you’ve ever seen a scene of a man saying goodbye to his girl before he’s about to leave on a plane that’s a parody of a scene from this movie, the 1942 wartime film Casablanca. “I love the time frame, I love the story and I’m a big fan of Humphrey Bogart the main actor, who plays Rick Blaine” says Joris. “Nobody delivers a line like Humphrey Bogart and you have got to watch it to truly understand what acting and good script writing is like.”

Last but not least, if you choose to watch this it’s probably not your first time seeing it but you just want to watch it again. It’s another classic, Braxton Stoops’ favorite movie is The Sandlot as I said you’ve probably already seen it but if you haven’t you need to watch it and here’s why. “It’s about a little kid running around playing baseball, and if you’ve never seen it, I’d watch it because it’s filled with funny moments.” The Sandlot isn’t on any streaming service unless you have Starz so you’ll just have to rent this one if you want to see it