Honors Night

Honors Night

Cami Deakins, Reporter

On May 13, 2021 Lebanon High School hosted Honors Night for the 2020-2021 school year. While last year was completely virtual, this year was live streamed for everyone except the students who were receiving awards.

“I was excited to see what I was going to receive as well as what everyone else was getting. But it was also my first time going to honors night so I didn’t know what to expect,” said senior Emerson Wolfbrandt.

Honors Night is typically where the seniors are presented with their scholarships and final awards for their last year of high school, however freshmen, sophomores, and juniors were able to attend if they were to receive an award.

“I earned the key clubber of the year award and I was so surprised and happy when I got it. The way I won it was through volunteer work throughout the year with key club,” said junior Abbie Thomas.

Even though this wasn’t a normal school year, it feels as if some things are returning to how previous years have done them. Many seniors were able to receive their awards in person, which only makes the hard work more worth it.

“My senior honors night was a great experience to not only reflect my own work done throughout the past four years, but also to congratulate the rest of my class!” said senior Khushi Patel.

Honors night is one of the last few steps before graduation for the 2021 graduating class, with graduation just over two weeks away.