The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Revival

Sandybel Paz (Junior), Reporter

It’s play season for Lebanon High School, and this year’s play is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe was originally set to be shown on March 13 of 2020, but due to COVID was postponed till this school year.

“It’s been stressful trying to learn a whole new role, but it’s also been a beautiful experience,” said junior Emma Brown.

The cast normally has rehearsals Monday through Friday for around two hours. Many of the castmates’ schedules are crazy busy, but with half the cast having already done this play it’s been easier.

“I think everyone should come see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe because it’s such a beautiful story that shows that even the darkest evil can be overcome,” said junior Emma Brown

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is a novel by C. S. Lewis. It takes place during World War II bombings of London, where four English siblings are sent to a country house to be kept safe. The story takes a turn of events when the youngest of the siblings finds an enormous wardrobe.

“You will leave the theatre with a smile on your face and a warm feeling in your heart,” said senior Anneliese Wolfgang

The cast of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe only have about five weeks to prepare and rebuild the entire show before it’s available for the public to watch. You will be able to see the show live from September 23rd through the 25th at seven o’clock p.m. and the 26th at two o’clock p.m.

“The best part about preparing for it is definitely getting to spend time with all of the people in the cast. It is a fairly small group, so we are truly able to bond,” said senior Anneliese Wolfgang.