Tiger Girls Golf Rack Up More Hardware

Tiger Girls Golf Rack Up More Hardware

Toby Meyer (Senior), Editor-in-Chief

The Lebanon Tigers girls golf team is red hot and has shown no signs of slowing down. The Tigers recently added a Sagamore Conference and sectional title to their already impressive season resumé.

The girls picked up the conference title on Saturday, September 18, 2021. On a windy day at Crawfordsville Country Club, Lebanon fought through the conditions and landed four First Team All-Conference members; Audrey Patterson (2nd), Anna Robins (T3rd), Ella Taylor (T3rd) and Kate Williams (9th). Brooke Reeves (11th) received Second Team All-Conference Honors.

“Going into conference I had the mindset that I wanted to win. We knew that to win we needed to stay focused and do our best to beat the girls we were playing with,” said senior Brooke Reeves.

Golf is more of a mental battle just as much if not more than it is a battle with the conditions and having experience helps when being in a pressure situation.

“It helps that I’ve been in this situation a lot of times so I know you have to keep focused, but I still get super nervous headed into the last hole,” said senior Ella Taylor.

The Tigers would go on to win their final dual match of the season at Ulen Country Club on senior night with a 174 to 192 victory over Hamilton Heights. The celebration was short as the focus quickly shifted to sectionals.

Lebanon lived up to the hype and kept the pedal down by snatching the sectional title for the second year in a row down the stretch of a heated back nine on Saturday afternoon at Harrison Hills Golf Club.

“We all knew it was going to be a close round. Southmont brought their A-game and we knew we had to stay focused to be able to win. We battled through and were able to take home the sectional title,” said senior Brooke Reeves.

The girls edged out Southmont by just two strokes to claim that sectional title tallying 339 shots. Sophomore Audrey Patterson lead the Tigers and placed second individually with a 78. Ella Taylor and Anna Robins added an 82 and 87 for Lebanon.

“It was satisfying and bittersweet because there’s no better way to go out of my last high school season than with a conference and sectional win,” said senior Ella Taylor.