Tiger Pride Takes First

Gavin Haines (Junior), Reporter

After a tough competitive season, the Tiger Pride Marching Band was able to take first at their Westfield ISSMA competition, along with taking all of the title awards including best color guard and best music.

“I would say that was the best we’ve ever performed as a whole, even better than State Fair. The nine-hour days of practice during the summer and the two hour practices each day during the school year definitely were the reason we won, despite how exhausting it was,” said senior band member Conner Bigler.

During the summer, the marching band and tigerettes all practice together. During the school year, the marching band practices for two hours after school, and the tigerettes practice three.

“I was really excited to get started on my senior year of competing. Last year was a tough year with everything going on, but I’m ready to get back to some normalcy with our competitions,” said senior Kennedy Zellers.

The Tiger Pride marching band and tigerettes take part of competitions throughout the school year and state fair in the summer. Over the summer, the band placed sixth overall at state fair so this achievement is something the whole school can be proud of.

“I know we were all excited for how we placed overall last year, but this year was like no other. Us placing first was the highest any band has placed in Lebanon High School history and I’m so happy I was able to be a part of it,” said senior Will Lloyd.

Even though most of their competition season is over, the band still performs on Friday nights at home football games and the tigerettes still have a winter season, along with their own competitions.

“My favorite part of the tigerettes season is the winter when we have most of our competitions. But I do enjoy when the whole band comes together because it’s amazing to see the result at the end of the summer,” said senior Anneliese Wolfgang.