Tiger Football Finds Win Column

Jacob Susong (Junior), Reporter

The Lebanon football team came into the week at 0-3.  This record is a bit deceiving as the Tiger’s first three games were against top-tier competition.  Mooresville week one, Zionsville week two, and a tough Danville team week three.  All three of these games ended in tough losses for the Tigers.  They looked to bounce back in week four against North Montgomery.

Trevor Winkles started things off with a bang for the Tigers, scoring a four yard touchdown run.  The Tigers never looked back from that point.  The following offensive possession, Winkles had a second touchdown run of 20 yards.

Later, in the second quarter, Brayton Bowen continued a strong start to his season with a crushing 49-yard touchdown run. The Tiger offensive line was executing perfectly throughout the first half.

“The o-line was efficient.  We were low on numbers so a lot of us played both ways.  Despite this, we were able to keep the ball moving.  We were able to help Winkles and Bowen both have some pretty decent nights,” said sophomore Eli Bridges.

The Tiger defense was doing its part as well.  First downs for North Montgomery were scarce throughout the game. The leading tackler for the Tigers was Nick Finney with 15 of them.  Other key contributors include Makai Smith, Gage Miller, and Drew Terrill.

“I think the defense got the job done.  Our communication was the key this week.  We preach execution and we did just that,” said junior Makai Smith

The Tiger offense continued its success into the second half with a 99-yard drive ending in a 5-yard touchdown pass from Landon Fouts to Bowen.  Fouts ended the day completing 11 of 23 pass attempts with a touchdown.

“He played very well and was efficient with his passes.  He made the right reads and threw some great balls,” said freshman Dax Frost.

Overall, it was a great showing by the entire team.  The offense was very versatile throughout the night.  The run game was strong and the pass game showed some flashes.  Defensively, the front seven stayed discipline.  The secondary was lights out all game long.  It was a very balanced showing by the Tigers.