Random Car Belongings

Jacob Susong (Junior), Reporter

As we all know, drivers tend to have very random things in their vehicles.  Some of these random belongings include duct tape, hair brushes, body spray, etc.

“I have two screwdrivers and a dime that I haven’t gotten rid of,” said junior John Trepcos.  “I really need to clean out my car.”

Many people mentioned that their cars were cluttered with miscellaneous items.

One of the items that was mentioned the most when talking about car belongings was sweatshirts.  With the temperature dropping, many people want to be prepared.

“Sometimes I forget to throw a sweatshirt on when I leave the house.  That’s why I always keep one in my car.  I hate being cold so having an extra sweatshirt is always nice,” said junior Michael Strode.

When it comes to colder weather, things like gloves, hats, sweatshirts, and jackets can allow people to keep themselves warm.

“During the winter I always keep a pair of gloves and a hat in my car.”  said junior Chloe Maciel.

Another topic that was brought up was snacks.  Lots of students keep after school snacks in their cars.  Many athletes said that they are always hungry after school.

“Before practice I always go out to my car to grab a snack.  Practicing on an empty stomach is a bad idea,” said senior Michael Richwine. “I always have a box of Goldfish in the backseat.”

The last item that often came up was a phone charger.

“I always charge my phone in my car when I drive.  I never have to worry about having a low battery,” said senior Michael Richwine.

Many people have miscellaneous items in their vehicles.  Some of these random things can come in handy in certain situations.  What random items do you have in your car?