Lebanon High School’s Chapter of NHS Welcomes New Members

Toby Meyer (Senior), Editor-in-Chief

National Honor Society (NHS) is one of the highest honors a high school student can receive. Being a member of NHS means you are a student of leadership, scholarship, character and service. Members of the NHS are actively involved in the community and are leaders in and out of the classroom. Lebanon High School inducted their newest class of NHS on October 3rd.

New junior members include: Molly Barber, Alexandra Barr, Grace Braner, Jillian Brubaker, Kaden Burress, Aaliyah Carlisle, Luis Chavez, Kloe Coyle, Cora Dial, Alex Emenhiser, Madisyn Faulkner, Aiden Frost, Megan Hemmerle, Cayman Huntsman, Ella Johnson, Mallory Kaylor, Kylie Ottinger, Olivia Parker, Samuel Piper, Flor Reyes, Kiana Richards, Anna Robbins

Gabriel Shores, Jada Stitch, Gracie Stoller, Emma Waskom, Evan Whipkey and Evan Wright.

New senior members include: Kayleigh Barnard, Kinsey Bruder, Brittney Crum, Matthew Duerksen, Sam Green, Jazlyn Gramlin, Michelle Horvat, Abriana Murphy, Irene Ransom and Alexis Wines.

“Getting inducted means that I am a part of an organization that has done a lot of good in our school. I know that I am a part of something important and it feels good to have my efforts pay off,” said junior Aiden Frost.

Lebanon High School’s chapter meets periodically and helps support other local clubs within the high school. The annual parking lot spot painting for juniors and seniors is also run by NHS.

“I am most excited to be involved in a leadership organization and be able to help make decisions that involve the school. To me being inducted is a big honor because I feel like all of the work that I have put in is paying off,” said junior Alexandria Barr.

This year, the Lebanon High School Chapter saw an increase in applicants and inductions and they hope this trend continues as last year’s numbers were well below this year’s.

“I’m excited to help improve the school with a good group of people. It is an honor to be in NHS and I try to show those qualities every day,” said junior Cayman Huntsman.