Making A Plan

Making A Plan

Emaley Hughes (Senior), Reporter

When entering your senior year, for many, it is the time everything becomes serious. It is important not to panic because there are many ways that you can prepare and stay organized. Talking to teachers, seniors, or upperclassmen in general can be very helpful in forming a plan or getting simple tips!

Principal Mr. O’Rourke, believes that the most important thing is to come up with a plan and to create a schedule. It is crucial to plan out farther ahead to better yourself.

“People don’t plan to fail; they fail to plan.” Said O’Rourke

When it comes to your final years in high school, a lot of big things come into play. Things such as taking the SAT or ACT. Preparing to pick colleges to apply to, deciding what exactly to do for the rest of your life, etc.

Senior Sydney Daisley said, “My best piece of advice would be, don’t sweat the small stuff. Branch out of your friend groups, be kind and honest, be a good role model to underclassmen, and definitely get involved with school.”

For some, getting involved may not seem like a big deal, but looking back it could be your biggest regret! You should definitely join anything, even if it is as small as just decorating for prom, or homecoming, sadies, etc. Time flies and hanging out with your friends, going to sporting events, and not missing out on fun activities, is important.

“I would say my best tip for underclassmen would be, stay focused on academics but also be able to let loose and embrace certain opportunities that could come to you, because you have to make the most of your last year in high school. Said Senior Allison Sims

Days may drag, but high school will fly by in the blink of an eye.