For many pet owners finding activities to entertain and engage their dog can be very difficult especially when it gets colder and there are not a lot of pet friendly establishments. However, the Indianapolis area is one of the most pet friendly area and has many different locations for dogs to play and eat.
These are a few parks, places, and events in Indiana that allow dogs and makes for a good adventure any time of the year.
- Holliday park:
Located six miles from downtown Indianapolis, Holliday park is one of Indy’s oldest parks. At the park people can adventure around to the nature center, playgrounds or hike different trails. This park is great for people interested in having a getaway into nature.
- Address: 6363 Spring Mill Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46260
- Hours: Mon-Sat, 9am-5pm; Sun 1pm-5pm
- Phone: (317) 327-7180
- Website: https://www.hollidaypark.org
- White River State Park:
Most known for concert, White River State Park is a great place to see attractions, hold events, and also view nature. The park is over 250 acres in downtown and is open to all people and animals.
- Address: 801 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Hours: Mon-Fri 5am-11pm
- Source: https://www.whiteriverstatepark.org
- Three Dog Bakery
Starting in 1989 this bakery uses the healthiest ingredients and bakes them into delicious treats for dogs. You can bring your furry friend into the bakery and chose from a wide range of treat options such as cookies, crackers, cakes, and brownies.
- Address:120 S Main St, Zionsville, IN 46077
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10:30am-7pm Sat 10am-8pm Sun 11am-5pm
- Phone:(317) 344-0070
- Source: Threedog.com
- Flatwater restaurant
Flatwater restaurant is a place to sit back and relax with family, friends, and also your pets. Not only are they known for being pet friendly they are also known for their incredible service. Having a variety of different foods and drinks as well as a view of the canal makes this a great destination to bring your dog.
- Address: 832 E Westfield Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
- Hours: Mon-Thurs: 11:00am-10:00pm
- Fri-Sat: 11:00am-11:00pm
- Phone: (317) 257-5466
- Source: http://flatwaterbroadripple.com
- Winter hike series: hike to kelp village
This year’s winter hike series, hikers will travel from a small village that once existed in Brown County then head toward Kelp Village. The entire hike is 1.5 miles and is said to be an easier terrain. Dogs are welcomed on the hike as long as they stay on a leash and are friendly. While on the hike you get a view of ruins and also imagine what holidays were like in Brown County over 100 years ago.
- Address: 1810 State Road 46 E, Nashville, IN 47448
- Times: December 21st11:00am-12:30pm
- Phone: 812-988-5240
- Cost: Free but may have park gate fees. Source: https://www.browncounty.com/event/winter-hike-series-hike-to-kelp-village/
- Indy Mutt Strut
Indy’s Mutt Strut is a charitable event held for dogs of any size and shape. Each year more the 3,000 people attend with their animals and walk around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track. At the even music, vendor, food, and activities will be available. Attenders will walk about 2 ½ miles and all money raised goes to Indy Humane to have money for surgeries, vaccinations, adoptions and all needed equipment to care for animals.
- Address: Indy Motor Speedway
- Date/times: April 25th,2020
- 9:30am to 2:30pm
- Registration at 9:30am
- Official walk @ 10:45am
- Email: email@example.com
- adult participant (ages 16+) $40.00
- Youth participant (3-15 years) $30.00
- Source: https://indymuttstrut.org/faq/