Lebanon Leprechauns

Lebanon Leprechauns

Clara McQueen (Senior), Editor

The Lebanon Leprechauns are officially here and ready for the season to begin.

The Leprechauns are a semi-pro basketball team that is new to Lebanon. The Leprechauns are being led by Preston Meyers, a local entrepreneur who purchased the team. They are being coached by Brian Rowsom, a former NBA player.

Coach Rowsom has coached professionally overseas, and has won many championships. Rowsom was drafted 34th overall in 1987 and was a part of the original Charlotte Hornets. The team and community are very excited to have him.

The Leprechauns first tryout was November 6th, and it was open to all locals. Coach Rowsom and the office staff was there to evaluate the team and start making cuts. By now tryouts are all over, and there is a set team. They have been practicing at the high school and at memorial hall, their home court.

There is also a dance team for the Leprechauns called Emerald Spirit. They have upcoming auditions for locals age 18 and up. The Emerald spirit dance team will be preforming dance routines at every home game. The team’s head coach is Mindy Spaulding, with assistant coaches Emily Hackett, a current Pacer Pacemate, and Lauren Hudson, a former Purdue Gold duster.

The Leprechauns are scheduled to play 24 games between the months of March and May leading to playoffs for the national championship in June. To keep up with the Leprechauns, they can be found on Instagram under @leprechaunstbl and Emerald spirit can be found under @emeraldspiritdanceteam