Swim Season Recap

Cami Deakins (Senior), Editor

Now that the winter sports are wrapping up, it’s time to take a look back at the swim seasons for both boys and girls. The Lebanon Tiger sharks girls and boys swim teams were both successful this season with records of 6 wins and only 2 losses. Both teams placed 4th at sectionals against difficult teams.

“I feel like the girls season went well even though we’d lost a lot of kids last year so it was kind of a rebuilding year. The boy’s team is definitely transitioning into being more successful. They won conference last year, second this year, and they stand a good chance of winning next year. We’re losing some good guys but we get to build the team,” said swim coach Mr. Howe.

A great opportunity for swimmers is a club season that is available during the spring and summer. Most of the swimmers that are a part of the tiger swim club aren’t in other sports and have decided swimming is something that is very important for them to excel at.

“I’m excited for the club season because I get to see my swim teammates again in the pool, but it’s definitely bittersweet because the seniors aren’t there. I think club swim is a great way for us to improve ourselves for the next season, plus I know coach Howe loves to see us in the pool,” said sophomore Paige Howard.

Both the boys and girls teams had a young team this year that we can expect to see grow in future seasons even with the loss of the current nine seniors.

“I think one word to describe this season is enthusiastic. The athletes spent most of the year excited about how they could perform at sectionals and conference. They were excited about less COVID things and a more normal year,” said coach Howe.