Super Bowls’ and Brothers’

Super Bowls and Brothers

Eli Bridges (Junior), Reporter

In this year’s NFL Super Bowl, SBLVII, a pretty cool event will be taking place. Two brothers will be facing off for the first time ever in Super Bowl history. While they will not be going against each other and/or be on the field at the same-time, they will be on opposite teams. Both of them on offense. Tight End Travis Kelce of the Kansas City Chiefs and Center Jason Kelce of the Philadelphia Eagles.

This won’t be the first time in NFL history that two brothers have played against each other. In fact, Travis and Jason have played in the same game before. But in recent years two brothers went up against each other in an NFL (Pro Bowl) game; one being on offense, one being on defense. Wide Receiver Stefon Diggs (Buffalo Bills) and Corner Back Trevon Diggs (Dallas Cowboys) teams had a battle off with the AFC (Stefon) winning.

At LHS this year we had a similar situation on our football team – kind of.

Lebanon’s’ Senior Quarterback Landon Fouts and Sophomore Center (like Jason) Colin Fouts got to have some on the field bonding. Colin snapping the pigskin and Landon slinging it made them the two most important people on the field – if Colin can’t snap the ball Landon can’t throw the ball, if Landon can’t throw the ball, well then nothing will work.

“It feels like a dream,” said Landon.

Landon was excited to get to work with his younger brother at such an important position. To mentor him and coach him.

“He gives me good advice,” said Colin.

Often times Landon was harsh on Colin in mentoring him but in the end, it was all just brotherly love – like the Kelce brothers.