Where’s Halloween?

Where's Halloween?

Haiden Gibbs, Reporter

The story of this year has all been the same, cancel this and delay that. First, starting with school going to full online earlier this year, to even some school sports being delayed or even canceled. One of the most looked-forward to and most favored holiday, Halloween, is no exception to this.

“Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays,” said senior Caden Boggess. “I’m not going to be able to carry on the tradition of scaring little kids this year with my friends.”

The most exciting and sought-after part of Halloween is how children, as well as adults, can dress up and become whoever they want to be. Whether that be a super-hero like Superman or becoming someone scary, like Pennywise from IT. According to www.businessinsider.com, it’s just fun to become someone else for a day, to just let loose and not have to worry about the real world for a day.

“I was really looking forward to hanging out with the boys and dressing up as gangsters this year,” said sophomore Kenny Getch. “It’s just so relaxing to not have to worry about anything other than getting all that candy.”

With Halloween having the potential to being cancelled, comes the possibility that there may not be any candy or candy trading to come this year. Trick-or-treating is another part of Halloween that people look forward to the most. Being able to get candy by dressing up as someone else and just say the words, “Trick-or-treat”.

“I’m going to miss the candy, especially the candy trading with my friends. It’s just fun to be able to trade trash candy for my favorite kind,” said sophomore Makai Smith.