2020 LCSC School Board Election

2020 LCSC School Board Election

Toby Meyer, Reporter

It’s election season and you have probably seen the yard signs and advertisements as things ramp up for the election in November. Election day is on November 3rd and the Lebanon Community School Corporation (LCSC) School Board positions are up for election this year. The school board term runs for four years, and there are three different positions within the school board as a whole; At-Large, Center, and Perry Township.

Running for At-Large, Tomas Wagner, Craig Parks, and Robert Wirey. Trey Hendrix and Tad Braner are up for the Center position, while Tiffany Jones and Helen Marie Pell are running for the Perry Township spot.

Tomas Wagner graduated Lebanon High School just a couple of years ago and he currently attends Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI). Tomas wants to be, “an advocate for students, parents, and staff alike.” When asked about ideas or goals he had in mind for the board, he said he has “no concrete goals in mind when running for the seat, but if I am elected, I would be a representative for the community and be on the side of policy decisions that benefit those that make up the school district.”

Trey Hendrix graduated Lebanon High School in 2012. He attended Marian University and currently lives here in Lebanon. Trey is running for school board, “in hopes to continue to lead our community in the right direction.” One of Hendrix’ major interests is the Tiger Career Connect program. He wants to continue to give high schoolers opportunities to find something they are passionate about through Tiger Career Connect. “I will also continue to promote our AP classes and college opportunities to our children who want to pursue a career in that after they leave Lebanon High School,” Hendrix said.

Craig Parks has lived in Lebanon for twenty-two years after moving to the city in 1998. He is the father of two LHS graduates and a current LMS seventh grader. “I believe in the next generation,” Parks said. When asked about his ideas he has in mind for the school board he believes “providing a diverse educational culture where all are accepted and afforded the same opportunities is something that I will strive for if I am elected to this school board,” Parks said. Parks’ boils his values down to four major components: experience, hope for the future, support diversity, and serving with integrity.

Helen Marie Pell, Tiffany Jones, Robert Wirey, and Tad Braner didn’t respond to an interview request.