Skin Care Tips

Mya Folden, Reporter

Taking care of your skin is very important. Most of us don’t know how to manage clean skin so these are some tips on how to take good care of your skin.

Tip #1: Double-Cleansing Your Skin

It is time to stop sleeping in makeup and instead go to bed each night with a cleansed and hydrated face. Cleanse your skin by using a dime size amount of cleanser. Next, use a makeup wipe to remove any residual makeup and eye makeup.

“I use the murad clarifying cleanser every morning and night to cleanse my face,” said junior, Kennedy Zellers

Tip #2 Choose a Cleanser That Is Right for You

If you’re going through the trouble of cleansing your face not once, but twice a day then you also want to know you’re using a product that’s great for your skin.

“My routine that I do in the morning is wash my face with lukewarm water, pat dry with a towel, then put on moisturizer, and then the same thing for night time,” said junior Irene Ransom.

Tip #3 Exfoliate Regularly to Remove Blackheads or Impurities

Use your cleanser daily and add the exfoliant on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or whatever makes sense for you! This is especially helpful for those who suffer from clogged pores or blackheads.

“The exfoliator I use is the Philosophy Exfoliating Facial Wash from Ulta Beauty,” said freshman, Ava Farris.

Tip #4 Never, Pick your Blemishes

It only exacerbates the problem and transfers bacteria from your hands onto your face right where you don’t want it. Not only that, but the inflammation caused from picking creates broken skin, sores, and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (little red marks/scars).

“I try not to touch my skin because I know how bad it is for your skin and how dirty it makes it,” said junior Kennedy Zellers.

Tip #5 Apply SPF daily

Prioritize your health and the largest organ on your body and start wearing sunscreen that will protect your face without irritation.

“I only apply sunscreen when I need to, and that’s mostly during the summer when it’s hot and when I know I’ll be outside all day,” said junior Kennedy Zellers.

Tip #6 Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate

Hydrated skin is happy skin. Think of your moisturizer as giving your skin a big drink of water. Moisturizer is recommended in the AM and PM.

“I always wash my face in the morning and at night when I shower,” said junior Irene Ransom.

Tip #7 Heal Your Skin From the Inside Out

Almost any disease, pain, rash, or blemishes in the body are a result of inflammation. Using a daily antioxidant is important for healing and protecting the inside of your skin.

“I always do my routine is specific steps,” said freshman Ava Farris.

Tip #8 Save Money and Time by Getting A Professional Opinion

There’s no sense in throwing money at products and never finishing them. Or buying things that aren’t right for your skin because someone at CVS recommended it.

“My most expensive product that I use is the murad clarifying cleanser from Ulta Beauty,” said junior, Kennedy Zellers.

You can get most of the best products from Ulta Beauty and Sephora. But Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS also have the same products for a cheaper price and still great results.