Celebrity Fast Food Trends

Toby Meyer, Reporter

McDonalds and Dunkin’ have added some new items to their menus and it didn’t take them very long to become one of the hot topics among fast food and restaurant talk.

The Travis Scott burger also known as the “Travy Patty,” is McDonalds’ latest menu item. It consists of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese topped with lettuce and bacon. It comes with a medium fry, barbeque sauce, and a sprite.

McDonalds kicked off its monthlong marketing campaign and partnership with rap artist Travis Scott in late September. Ever since then, the demand for the meal has been insane.

The $6 meal, only sold in the United States has burst onto the internet scene and social media as well. People have even taken it to Tik Tok and are pulling up to McDonalds drive thrus blasting Scotts’ music.

“I thought the Travis Scott burger tasted really good,” sophomore John Gascho said. “I don’t think it lives up to the hype because it’s just a cheeseburger with toppings that you can get on a regular burger.”

“I thought it was good if you are used to the barbeque sauce on your burger instead of your fries,” junior Jack Reynolds said. “I think it lives up to the hype because it was a good price and it was very good.”

Dunkin’, formerly Dunkin’ Donuts, has added a popular menu item themselves. Prominent Tik Tok user Charli D’Amelio now has her own item on the Dunkin’ menu. The Connecticut native is just 16-years-old and currently has the most followers on Tik Tok, 93.2 million.

“The Charli” has been available at Dunkin’ since early September. Cold brewed with three pumps of caramel swirl and whole milk make up the drink which costs $3.19. A 24-ounce “Charli” has 200 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, and 41 grams sugar according to Dunkin’.

“It was so good, I had two large Charli’s in the same day. I liked it a lot and would defiantly get it again,” sophomore Kenny Getch said.