The Facts Behind Mental Health

The Facts Behind Mental Health

Abrianna Murphy, Reporter

Round 7.4% of children aging from 3-17 years old have been diagnosed with a diagnosed behavior problem, 7.1% of children aging from 3-17 years old have been diagnosed with anxiety and 3.2% of children aging from 3-17 years old have been diagnosed with depression. Mental health is a huge issue within teens in middle and high school, most of which are not even diagnosed with these issues. Growing up a majority of kids learned that it is important to keep yourself healthy physically until they reach middle school where they finally realize they need to keep their mental health healthy too. 45% of mental health issues go undiagnosed and can lead to people shut out family and friends, stop doing activities, and just sit at home.

If you notice that a friend or family member are starting to act unusual or start to ask, “what’s the point,” or “it’s all my fault,” more and more. Try talking to them and asking if they are okay and if they still are acting weird, tell a trusted adult, that could be a parent, grandparent, teacher, or counselor. It is okay to be worried for your friends and family it is good to ask them how they are doing. Another thing is if you are ever feeling like this or lonely or hopeless talk to a friend or adult. Just know that you are never alone and that people in this world love you and need you to be here.

Make sure that you are keeping your mental health in check especially with everything going on in the world.