Colts Start Off Hot

Garrett Harker, Sports Editor

The Indianapolis Colts have been surprising everyone this season with a great start. In their first six games the Colts are 4-2 placing them second in the AFC South division. In the offseason the Colts picked up a new quarterback, Philip Rivers. He has completed 70% of his passes for 1598 yards and 7 touchdowns. Rivers has given the Colts some new life from last year when they didn’t have a true starting quarterback.

After the first game some Colts fans were nervous with another loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars but they have turned it around in the past couple weeks. They have gone 4-1 since their first loss and are trending upward after a win against the Bengals.

“After the first game I wasn’t very optimistic about this season but they have turned it around since then. I think they are going to have a great season the rest of the way through,” said sophomore Gavin Haines.

The Colts defense has also been great for them and has been very impressive in the first half of the season. They are first in the NFL for points allowed, yards per play, total yards and interceptions.

“I am very impressed with our defense this year. They have kept us in a lot of our games and they have made a lot of game changing plays late in games. I hope they can keep it rolling and make a good playoff run,” said junior Jacob Susong.

The Colts continue their regular season against the Lions next Sunday at 1:00 PM.