2021 Lebanon Fall Sports Banquet

Brayton Bowen (Senior), Editor

The fall sports banquet is a time where all Lebanon athletes that participated in a fall sport in the 2021-22 school get recognized for their efforts in the playing field and the classroom.

The sports that Lebanon supports and funds during the fall are Football, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Volleyball, Men’s Tennis, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country, and Women’s Golf.

Many of the Lebanon fall teams earned a top-three finish in Sagamore Conference play and also finished with a winning record overall.

One of the overall top performers from the fall season was football player Trevor Winkles. Winkles totaled 1,091 yards and 12 total touchdowns to lead Lebanon in yards and scoring. Winkles was named the “Most Valuable Offensive Player” for the Tiger squad.

Winkles said, “Seeing all the guys and especially the seniors that I have grown up with and have played with for my entire life one last time as a group saddens me because of all the fun and good times I have experienced with them”

The Lebanon football team ended their season for the third year in a row losing at Roncalli. Winkles said, “It was definitely hard knowing that we had a tough postseason schedule, but I had faith in my guys the entire time, and I knew we had a shot against anyone.”

Many student-athletes got recognized for their efforts in the classroom while playing their respective sport. Each athletic team at the banquet had more than half of their team get recognized as a scholar-athlete. To qualify as a scholar-athlete, the student-athlete must have had a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.30 or B+ average during the first nine weeks of the school year.

One of the student-athletes that was recognized for being a scholar-athlete was sophomore Eli Bridges. Bridges said, “Hearing that the number and percentage of scholar-athletes have gone up since last season is a good thing to hear.”