What’s Your Motivation?

Emaley Hughes (Senior), Reporter

Most people who attend college have a personal reason as to why they are going. Some people’s motivation is based on their parents and what they think is best, others motivation is to become somebody and be successful. As the year is passing by, seniors are becoming closer and closer into becoming high school graduates and are going off to college. We got to hear from some seniors and their motivations for college.

Senior Sydney Daisly, is choosing a less- expensive, logical option. Daisly is going to be going to Ivy Tech, in order to get her pre- requisites done. She plans to figure out what to do with her future during her time period at Ivy Tech. After she is finished, she will transfer to a larger school such as IUPUI after figuring out what career path to follow.

“I don’t want to spend all my money on college when I am unsure of what career path to follow, this way I get more time to decide without spending as much money,” said Daisly.

Daisly is most looking forward to graduating and the new found freedom she will gain.

“I am really excited to be able to live more independently and experience new things as an adult,” said Daisly.

Daisly, was heavily motivated about being smart about her money and saving herself the time trying to pay it back in the future.

“I was motivated because Ivy Tech is the cheaper route, I am trying to be smart about the way I spend my money. I think this is the most realistic option for me,” said Daisly.

Senior Allison Sims, has only recently figured out her plan for her future. Senior Sims, will be attending Ball state in fall of 2022. Sims will be going for child life in order to pursue a career as a child life specialist.

“I needed to find a college that would offer a bachelor’s degree in child life. Not many colleges offer it, but Ball State actually offers an entire program for child life,” said Sims.

Sims, worked tirelessly on her application in order to make it as good as possible.

“I spent about a week perfecting my application, I had multiple teachers look it over. I put a lot of hard work into it and it paid off, because I got accepted.”

Sims is most looking forward to moving forward with her education.

“I can’t wait for the next four years; I am very excited to start the next chapter of my life,” said Sims.