The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Ferrell, Guyman Make School History

Tennis is one of the hardest sports to play. You have to have good hand – eye coordination and so many more aspects to do succeed in the sport. Either if it is just a tennis game or a tournament. Two students from Lebanon won all their games in the postseason to go to the regional championship for doubles, Jack Ferrell and Reece Guyman. The tournament was held in northern Indiana

“Funny thing is it was supposed to be in Indiana but it was raining during the time so they had to make a change to an indoor court. Closest one near the town were supposed to play was in Niles, Michigan; which is close to the border of Indiana. But rather than that it was cool we got to play in another state,” said Jack Ferrell.

During the season they went 21-4, and in the tournament, they won the first game though had a though loss in the second round. They played well and were happy about their performance this whole season. “We both wanted to make it further but we our really about how we did this year,” said Senior Reece Guyman.

Before the tournament one of the teachers here at LHS help them prepare them for the tourney. Mr. Adkins used to play tennis in college so he wanted to help the out by practicing with them before they went north. He showed them some tactics and ways to help them win and succeed, “It really did help. Mr. Adkins brought the heat in practice”

Since it was Reece’s last year play tennis, he made sure to go all out this year and he and Jack had a goal to win sectionals, which they’ve completed. “The thing about me and Jack, we are close on and off the court. we’ve been friends since we were little so that chemistry carries on and it shows on the court how well we work together,” said Guyman. They been working all summer and fall for this, Congrats boys.