The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Students and Their Traditions

Students and Their Traditions

A lot of students around the schools have many traditions they like to celebrate around the holidays.

“I go to my grandmas every Christmas to Celebrate with her and my family, we have a good time”, said Junior Jay Pollock.

As you know there’s many traditions during the holidays that are pretty popular around the world.

For example, Ice skating, making Gingerbread houses, picking out a tree and decorating it.

If you’re looking for a new tradition around this time, there’s actually a big Christmas event held in Carmel called the Carmel Christkindlmarkt. It has many activities you and your friends can do including ice skating, Food, and just walking around seeing shops and much more.

Around Thanksgiving and Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year. With black Friday, Christmas break, NFL/College games every week, students celebrate the holidays in each interesting way. “I’m a very big Notre Dame Fan, and football fan in general. My favorite thing during the end of the year is just watching football, either if its College or NFL its entertain and fun to watch.” Said Junior Dax Frost.

Shopping is also one of the bigger traditions in the world, not only around this time but shopping is happening all the time, with black Friday Many people like to buy their gifts around this time to save money though waste some time. Black Friday lines are known to be one of the biggest lines in stores every year. Many people Camp outside the night before to wait all night and be able to just get a good deal on an item. People bring tents, sleeping bags and blankets to try and stay overnight. I go black Friday shopping though I don’t stay overnight at a store, that’s a little too much.” Said Lillie Hollingsworth.