The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Another Year, Another Busted Bracket

Another Year, Another Busted Bracket

The NCAA March Madness doesn’t have madness in the name of nothing. The tournament is one of the biggest sporting events ever.

Every year 64 teams get picked on selection Sunday and once those teams are picked many people are trying to get a perfect bracket, which is almost impossible. “The thing that makes it fun is the bracket and trying to get the most points group of friends, every year my friends and I create brackets, and whoever ends up in last, has a consequence.” Said Junior Dax Frost

This year was a very interesting year having many cinderalls and many close games. They call the underrated teams cinderella if they beat bigger and better teams or as many people know upsets.

This year many people thought one of the most surprising games was Kentucky vs Oakland and the small college of Oakland coming on top and beating one of the best teams in the tournament. A player that caused that win was Jack Gohlke a Guard for Oakland who made 10 three-pointers. A very interesting start for the tournament and very entertaining.

“Jack Gohlke was a Dawg and honestly should go for the NBA draft,” Said Sophomore Niko Trepcos.

Rather than all the excitement happening all around the country during March, one college team made it all the way to the championship. Purdue was so close to making school history, even though they didn’t win they still had one heck of a season.

“I really wanted the boilers to win it all after my dad going there and family, it was bittersweet.”
Said Jacob Susong