The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Teacher Send-Offs
May 17, 2024
Finals Schedule
Finals Schedule
May 9, 2024
Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024

Time to prepare for PSAT coming in October

Are you taking the PSAT this year? The PSAT (Preliminary SAT), is taken by all Sophomores and Juniors in Indiana. At LHS, the PSAT will be taken on October 11th, 2023. The PSAT is designed to prepare students for the SAT taken spring of Junior year. It is very important to take the test seriously and try your best.

“The PSAT provides practice and prep for the SAT,” said Megan Lewis, LHS Counselor

Though the PSAT score won’t count against you, the test has many benefits. “You should take the PSAT seriously because your score can qualify you for the National Merit Scholarship, and your score can meet a benchmark school,” said Lewis.

Due to the importance of the PSAT, studying is key. You can find lessons on Khan Academy that will help you prepare. These lessons will help you understand the layout of questions on the test. You should also study the practice PSAT book that your English teacher will hand out to you during class.

“Looking through and studying the practice book is one of the best ways to study,” said Senior Simon Peters.

While studying and taking the PSAT, it is still important to take care of your body and your mental health. Make sure to get plenty of rest, eat a full meal, and take study breaks as needed.

“Eat a good breakfast. Bring water and snacks with you to school that day,” said Mrs. Cannon, LHS Teacher.