The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Charisma’s kicks off first public performance of school year!

Charisma is a group of 36 students, 18 boys and 18 girls, directed by Mrs. Gwen Schoeff. Charisma will perform at the Back to the 50’s Festival on September 16th at 10:30 a.m. at the 4H Fairgrounds. Charisma has performed here since before Schoeff started directing Charisma. Back to the 50’s Festival is very early in Charisma’s season.

Schoeff said, “I think for where we are in the season, we’re at a pretty good place.”

Charisma won’t perform all of their shows at this performance. They do this performance as an advertisement or “teaser” for their competition season. Schoeff’s only worry is about space to dance and memorization of both the songs and the dances.

“I feel like our space restraints are always a little bit of an issue,” Schoeff said

Student Creative Director, senior Amelia Schoeff, gave us some background information on Charisma’s show. As the Student Creative Director, she designed the show’s theme.

Amelia said, “The theme is The Hunger Games and it’s awesome.”

Amelia said she is most looking forward to the competitions. “I believe in my heart that we are not ready to perform.”

She has been working hard to develop Charisma’s image, and making sure the performance displays the show properly.

Amelia said, “I don’t want to ruin the image of our awesome show because we’re not ready yet.”

Make sure that you come and watch the Charisma performance at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, September 16th at the Boone County 4H fairgrounds.