The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Wrestling at LHS Has Begun

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, wrestling at LHS has officially started. The wrestlers for the tigers are excited for the season to begin. November 29th was the tigers first meet and came out on top of Clinton Central.

“I put in work in the offseason and was a good example to other teammates”, said Senior Zach Tranum

Senior Zach Tranum is one of the team captains selected this year along with Senior Vincent Laney and Sophomore Nikolas Trepcos.

“I want another conference title this season”, said Senior Vincent Laney

The team this season has their eyes set on being the best team in conference and want to achieve winning a conference title for LHS.

“Our toughest opponent is Zionsville” said Sophomore Braxton Aragon

The tigers have already had another wrestling meet since the Clinton Central and were dominant in the Western Boone Duals, out-scoring four out of five of the teams there.

“I’m proud of the way the captains acted and wrestled”, said Senior Vincent Laney

“It was a challenge to get back to 100%, but the team supported me through it and I appreciate that”, said senior Mason Crew. Crew suffered a lower body injury against the Indianapolis Crispus Attucks in week one of football sectionals this season. That was on October 21st and Crew was cleared yesterday, December 4.

Good luck to the tigers as their season continues and come support them on December 6 at Rossville.