The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Challenges With the Winter Weather

Challenges With the Winter Weather

One of the harshest times of the year is the winter. Whether it’s driving or just trying to stay warm. This weekend was one of the coldest times Indiana has had in a while. Temperatures were as low as -2 degrees over the weekend of January 14th-15th and only got as high as 23 degrees. Many people stayed indoors this weekend because of this weather, and when they did go outside they had trouble on the roads. 

In an interview with Junior Jay Pollock, he said he did many things this weekend. “It was a very eventful weekend being able to hang out with my friends the whole weekend. We got to go to dinner almost every night and one night we even hooked up a sled to a truck and it was a good time.”

LHS Sophomore Madi Platt, said her weekend was limited due to the weather. She wasn’t out often, but when she needed to she stated the roads were hard to drive on. With the poor conditions she mentioned how she had to brake early for stops and drive slower than usual. Learn from her and take these precautions when you drive to stay safe on the icy roads.

“I worked on Saturday and just hung out the rest of the weekend, though for work we were outside working on an automatic waterer and prepping a barn for the harsh conditions. I had to put on many layers and was still cold, I’m just ready for summer,” said Junior Levi Poland.

Safe to say the weather affected a lot of LHS students. With a similar forecast for the upcoming weekend, be sure to stay warm and stay safe!