The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

A Fight for the Crown: Mr. LHS Begins!

In only three days, on Thursday, February 1st, the annual Mr. LHS competition is set to take place. Every year ten male LHS students compete for the title of Mr. LHS by participating in a variety of showcased events testing their athletic, mental, and intellectual abilities. Expertly planned by Lebanon’s DECA leadership team, Mr. LHS will provide an evening of comedic and exciting entertainment. 

Sam Kyker, one contestant in the 2024 Mr. LHS competition, explained that his favorite part of this pageant was, “Getting with a bunch of guys just having fun, and building school morale and spirit.” This will be Kyker’s second year in Mr. LHS as a contestant and he is hoping for the crown.

With a jar of Pringles in his hand, the first year contestant, Bryce Nelson, said his favorite part of Mr. LHS is, “Being with all the boys and dancing.” In rehearsal, Nelson has exhibited a prowess for dance and athletic ability; he too hopes to win the title of Mr. LHS.

As a student led event, Mr. Joris (Lebanon DECA Chapter Advisor) explained his favorite part of Mr. LHS was “Seeing his leadership team come together through both the stresses and fun in order to develop Mr. LHS.” Tying it right back into the principles of DECA, Mr. Joris explained that, “That’s part of what DECA is supposed to be… it’s teaching leaders how to plan and coordinate events such as this.” 

Tickets are currently available online for students at $6.00 and adults at $8.00. Don’tforget to show your support for Lebanon DECA and this year’s Mr. LHS contestants by joining us on Thursday, February 2nd for an evening of laughter and excitement!