The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

FAFSA Help Session Coming to LHS

Lebanon High Schools Student Services department will be hosting a FAFSA help session alongside InvestEd on March 11th and April 10th from 5pm-7pm.

Is FAFSA kicking your butt this year? No need to worry, LHS Student Services department will be hosting a help session alongside InvestEd.

This year’s FAFSA has been backed up close to 3 months. Prior years, the FAFSA had opened up on October 1st of the year before graduation. For example, this years FAFSA should have opened on October 1, 2023, but didn’t open until late December of 2024.

Prior to this year, people were getting their FAFSA results back in the middle of March. People this year won’t be getting the FAFSA results back until the middle of May, yet some colleges are still expecting kids to go ahead and make the decisions now. This is tough for the students and their family. Something that will be life altering is having added pressure on the decision-making timeline.

If you are struggling with FAFSA, don’t worry. Lebanon High School Student Services Department is hosting a “Family FAFSA Support Night,” on March 11th and April 10th, from 5p.m.-7p.m. both nights. Experts from InvestEd will be on hand to guide you through the application step-by-step, calculate aid eligibility on-the-spot, and help submit forms before the deadlines.

If you cannot attend one of these nights, a good resource for you to use from home is InvestEd. You can contact them by email ([email protected]) or phone (317-715-9007).

Be sure to have your FAFSA submitted by April 15th!!