The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

When We Say Student, You Say Section: Student!

One of the biggest traditions in all of high school football is the student section. With football just starting, there’s been a good number of students showing their support at the games. With last week’s game against North Mont, Lebanon won 42-22 making the teams record 1-3.

Student sections are meant for students to come to the games and cheer on their team, though the talk has been how certain times we lack spirit, Penny Lamerson said “just do your part and be loud”.

“They got the spirit I just think they need to work on the cheers, most of them just don’t know them,” said Bryce Nelson. Sometimes only half of the group cheers, many of the junior and seniors talk how the underclassmen just need to work on their spirit.

“I’m not a big fan of us keep getting restricted for the slightest stuff. For example, the chant takes his whistle, I get we’re calling out the ref, but we’re just trying to have fun”, said Riley Smith. In the past, staff has gotten stricter for what we can and can’t do.

One of the best things about the student section is dressing for the theme. In the past, we had many cool themes like Jungle, neon, black and gold, and many more. “My favorite theme is USA night, just repping the red, white and blue to respect America and this Monday (9/11)”, said Bryce Nelson.

The game the community is most exited for is Western Boone. The tigers are hoping to capture the win in October, especially after an unfortunate loss last year at home. This game has always been the biggest for Lebanon, mainly because there our rivals but also because it is always packed. One of if not the biggest Highschool rivalry in Boone County, and its usually a close game which makes it more intense. We’re hoping to have lots of fans there to cheer on our tigers, so if you’re a student reading this mark your calendar for Friday October 13, the day we play at our rival’s field and wear your cowboy hat because it is western night.