The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

LHS Performers: Here We Go Again

This year, LHS’s students will be putting on Mamma Mia for the fall musical. The show has been casted for three weeks, and the actors are working hard to keep LHS’s record of fantastic musical performances up to date. One student, freshman Corbin DeVol, has expressed how he feels going into his first show at LHS. “It’s not much different than what I’ve done before… but it’s at a different level. Like, it’s more in depth than in other places.” he said. Corbin plays Pepper in the musical, and explained how his character impacts the show.

“Pepper is a very charismatic character. He’s sorta got his own ego. He’s kind of a charming dude.” he said.

While not having a major role may make someone seem unimportant to the show, freshman Samantha Dunshee, who herself is a part of ensemble, believes quite the opposite. “It would just be a group of 10 people singing on stage if we didn’t have any of the background actors,” said Samantha. She went onto explain the notable difference between the different ensembles.

“Some are more dance heavy, and others are more harmony and melody heavy in certain songs.” she said.

And of course, it wouldn’t be Mamma Mia without Sophie Sheridan, who is being played by senior Emma Hornbecker. “It’s very beachy. It’s contemporary, not like older musicals. And it’s like pop music! Its just really fun,” said Emma, when asked to describe the feel of Mamma Mia. She went on to give advice to incoming freshmen joining musical theater.

“Just… enjoy it while it lasts, and do it every year. Even if you don’t like the show, there’s always some good to find in it…” she said.