Tigers Volleyball Wrap up the Season

Eli Bridges (Junior), Reporter

Lebanon’s Girl Volleyball season (11-15) comes to a close after a 3-0 (18-25, 22-25, 24-26) loss against Monrovia in Sectional play. The Tigers finished 3rd in the Sagamore Conference, 46th in 3A, and 157th in the state.

The team was led by Seniors Charli Albea and Kylie Ottinger and Junior Sydnie Starkey as team captains. Players on the team like Junior Emily Sperry felt like they were a “…more bonded team this year due to the leadership of these three.”

Starkey was not just a leader in her character. She led the team in kills with 207, and earned First Team All-Conference.

“I am glad I could help lead the team and was able to produce this much.” said Starkey when she was asked about how she felt about being such a great leader on the team.

Ottinger also received First Team All-Conference. She led the team in ACES, charting 37.

Ottinger said “This year was my senior year. It meant a lot to me. Our record didn’t show us as a great team, but we saw significant improvement compared to last year.”

The crowd also seemed much bigger this year. The student section had more people, and it seemed as if the stands were full this year. So full that people even had to sit on the second deck of seats.

“It shows that the Tiger pride is growing in the community.” said Noah Rodgers.

Senior Carson Toole said “The Tigers were fun to watch. They had some close games that kept me watching it was great to go to after [football] practice.”

For the 2023-2024 season, the tigers look to improve themselves and climb up in conference.