The Pennant

The Student News Site of Lebanon High School

The Pennant

The Pennant

Alani vs. Celsius
April 25, 2024
Prom Night Info!
Prom Night Info!
April 25, 2024
Water Wars is Back!
Water Wars is Back!
April 15, 2024

Homecoming Week Recap

Homecoming Week 2023 was a great success! With activities going on throughout the week, students were able to participate in the Trike Race, Volleyball game, Pep Session, Football Game, and the Homecoming Dance. All students had favorite homecoming activities to keep this week memorable.

The first activity of the week was the Annual Trike Race on Monday. This tradition began in 1971 and has been going on at LHS ever since. The two categories were the stock race and the main event. After a lot of hard work and dedication, victory was claimed by Mr. Hiatt’s homeroom and Mrs. Shover’s homeroom. “We had a lot of success with having short people riding the trikes,” said Hiatt. This is Hiatt’s 2nd win for his homeroom out of his five years of being at LHS. The main event winner, Mrs. Shover said, “My students had time races to see who would be riding the trikes.” This is Shover’s first homeroom win.

On Wednesday, LHS had its first volleyball tournament. With no surprise, the winners were the LHS volleyball team. They had the team name of “Future Volleyball State Champs.” The team included Jaycie French, Sydnie Starkey, Emily Sperry, Kinley Young, Mya Nelson, Averie Lollar, Alli Albea, and Gabby Deakins.

The pep rally was a huge success on Friday! With no bad reviews, the pep rally included performances by the Tigerettes, cheerleaders, and special guests from the football team. Football player Dax Frost said, “It was more difficult than it looked, but everyone had a great time.” Also at the pep rally, Senior Emma Hornbecker was recognized for being a finalist for the National Merit Scholarship. This session was a great motivation for a Tiger win later that night. The final score was 35-0 against the Crawfordsville Athenians.

Also at the football game, the Homecoming King and Queen were announced at halftime. Our winners are Sam Kyker and Audrey Patterson. King Sam Kyker said, “I believe I got selected because I’m always kind to people.” His favorite part about homecoming week is getting dressed up for the dance. Queen Audrey Patterson said, “My favorite part about this week was the pep rally.” Audrey’s favorite homecoming memory from last year is winning the pep rally game with the golf team.

All in all, this homecoming week was filled with fun, laughter, and competition. Students showed their tiger pride to make this week great.

“This was the best homecoming week ever,” said Senior Eli Bridges.